March 9, 2023Read More
What if you want to earn an executive MBA but can’t travel to the business school every two weeks for the typical weekend session and don’t want to pursue a pure online/distance MBA? Fortunately, a growing number of business schools are offering EMBAs (some are not strictly EMBAs but part-time MBAs) that require only once-a-month sessions (usually over a long weekend) with occasional longer sessions or trips. Here is a list of the most prominent such once-a-month programs, focusing on their format or delivery schedule (including lengthier trips), application deadlines, and cost. Follow the links provided to learn more.
Columbia EMBA-Americas (New York City)
Designed for professionals from across the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
- 5 semesters over 20 months, starting in January 2017.
- Class meets approximately once a month during the core curriculum, in a weeklong format, primarily in New York City.
- During first year, students have one weeklong meeting in Silicon Valley, Toronto, and Latin America.
- Final Application Deadline: Late October.
- Cost: $189,600.
Kellogg EMBA Miami (Miami [Coral Gables])
- Classes start either in January or September and meet once a month, beginning Thursday afternoon and ending midday Sunday in Coral Gables, FL. Two years to complete.
- 3 ‘Intensive weeks’ (including new student orientation and Global Network Week
- Application Deadlines: September Intake Round 1 (May 4), Round 2 (June 22); January Intake Round 1 (September 7), Round 2 (October 19)
- Cost: $187,290
Michigan Ross EMBA (Los Angeles [Century City])
- Classes meet once a month, Friday through Saturday, for 21 months. Also, extended, immersive residencies at the beginning of each program year with students from both Ann Arbor and Los Angeles
- Hybrid on-site and distance learning format; 5 terms altogether; program begins in August
- Application Deadlines: Early (~Feb. 1), Regular (April 1), Final (May 15)
- Cost: $149,200.
Virginia Darden EMBA (Charlottesville VA & Washington DC)
- 21 months of monthly in-person residencies on weekends beginning in August: Thursday-Saturday for Charlottesville cohort; Friday-Sunday for Washington, D.C. cohort.
- At the beginning and the end of the program, all EMBA students come together in Charlottesville for an intensive week-long leadership residency.
- EMBA students must also participate in at least one weeklong Global Residency in Brazil, China, Europe or India.
- Application Deadlines: Nov. 2, Jan. 2, Feb. 2, Mar. 2, Apr. 2, May 2, June 2, July 2.
- Cost: $139,300.
Global OneMBA (Virginia & North Carolina)
- A 21-month program beginning in September, with classes meeting approximately one weekend (Friday-Sunday) per month in either Leesburg, VA, or Chapel Hill, NC.
- 4 weeklong residencies in each region – Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America
- Partnership involving University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Xiamen University, Rotterdam School of Management (Erasmus), Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico), and Fundação Getulio Vargas.
- Application Deadlines: December 7, February 1, April 4, and June 6
- Cost: $112,270.
TRIUM EMBA (NYU Stern, HEC Paris, London School of Economics)
- 17-month-long program starting in September, and divided into 6 modules, each module separated by about 4 months and last between 5 and 12 days in a different location (but twice in Paris) such as London, New York, Shanghai or Chennai, India.
- Application Deadlines: Rolling monthly deadlines (15th).
- Cost: $169,500.
Johns Hopkins U. Carey EMBA (Baltimore)
- 20-month-long program starting in September and consisting of eight 7-day-long residencies in Baltimore and one 8-day-long international residency. Each residency takes place about every 2 months.
- Application Deadlines: Priority – January 11, Standard – March 29, Final – May 2
- Cost: $118,900.
Washington U. (Olin) EMBA (St. Louis)
- 20-month program that meets monthly for 3 to 4 days (Thursday thru Saturday or Sunday) and begins in either April or September.
- Plus 4 required residencies: 2 in St. Louis (1 week each), Washington DC (4 days), and Shanghai and Beijing (4 days each).
- Application Deadlines: Rolling.
- Cost: $119,500.
U. Washington Foster (Seattle)
- 21 months long starting in September with an option to meet weekly or monthly. The monthly North America program meets Wednesday through Saturday once a month.
- Plus required 8-10-day international immersion in early September of 2nd year in a location such as Brazil, the Czech Republic/Germany, Vietname, UAE, India, China, Peru, Korea, Japan, etc.
- Application Deadlines: March 1, April 1.
- Cost: $100,500
Notre Dame Mendoza EMBA (South Bend, IN)
- 22-month program whose monthly option meets once a month, Thursday through Saturday, in South Bend with two 5-7-day immersions, a one-week orientation, and some one-week electives.
- Application Deadline: April 1 (priority), June 1.
- Cost: $129,000.
Babson Blended Learning MBA (Wellesley MA & San Francisco)
- 21-month-long online/distance learning-based part-time MBA starting in March or October with face-to-face sessions at Babson’s Wellesley or Babson’s San Francisco location occurring approximately every seven weeks, Friday-Saturday.
- Application Deadline: Nov. 1 for March intake; May 1 for Oct. intake.
- Cost: $85,000.
Cambridge Judge EMBA (Cambridge, UK)
- 20-month degree programme delivered over 16 weekends (Fri-Sat) and four week-long sessions
- Application Deadlines: Nov. 16, Jan. 11, Mar. 1, Apr. 25, June 6.
- Cost: $69,300 (2016-17).